Many municipalities use legacy wastewater treatment systems that are three or four decades old. With new processes emerging, these technological advancements offer opportunities to improve the plant’s efficiency and cost savings.
Sound technical evaluation and equipment selection are necessary for realizing the benefits a product has to offer. Turn to Zhongtian Li for technical evaluation and product customization of energy and nutrient recovery technologies.
Li joined CNP in 2016 and works on technical evaluation and product customization for AirPrex and PONDUS in North America. Li has 15+ years of research and working experience in wastewater treatment and biosolids management. He gained valuable industry knowledge while interning as: a Groundwater Permitting Intern for the CAL/EPA Los Angeles Regional Water Quality Control Board; a Processing Engineering Intern for the Sanitation Districts of Los Angeles County; and as a Environmental Engineering Intern for the city of San Diego.
A native of China, Li graduated from Shandong Agricultural University in China with a Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Science. He holds an Master of Science from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and a Ph.D. from UCLA in Civil and Environmental Engineering.
- 2019 Frost & Sullivan Product Leadership Award for the North America Sludge Treatment (PONDUS)
- 2019 CIOReview for the 20 Most Promising Metals and Mining Technology Solution Providers
- 2019 Salvation Army Other’s Award Recipient for “Resources Supporting Others”
- 2018-19 CalPrex Tailored Collaborative Research (TCR) with The Water Research Foundation (WRF)
- 2018 Utility of the Future Today Recognition Program for the Kenosha WWTP Optimization Project (PONDUS)
- 2017 W&WD Top Project for the Kenosha WWTP Optimization Project (PONDUS)
- 2017 ACEC Grand Award Winner for the Kenosha WWTP Optimization Project (PONDUS)
- 2016 U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Nutrient Recycling Challenge Award (AirPrex)
- Water Environment Federation (WEF) Biosolids Committee Member
- The Water Research Foundation (WRF) Technical Committee Member
- Leaders Innovation Forum for Technology (LIFT)
- California Water Environment Association (CWEA)
- Mid-Atlantic Biosolids Association (MABA)
- Kenosha Area Business Alliance (KABA)
- Kenosha Area Chamber of Commerce
- The Water Council