Innovating new wastewater treatment technology is critical worldwide. The right expertise and focus is needed from pioneering companies to improve efficiency, performance and cost savings. Forward-looking leaders help create breakthroughs and make a positive impact on people, the environment and lead the world to a more sustainable future.
Turn to Centrisys C.E.O. and Founder Michael Kopper for deeper insights on the latest trends and technology in the industry. A charismatic leader and passionate speaker, Kopper is at the forefront of global efforts developing new innovative biosolids treatment processes and infuses a spirit of ingenuity in his commentary.
With a technical background that spans 40 years, Kopper is a centrifuge manufacturing and service expert. Kopper began his career in the dewatering industry as a 14-year-old apprentice at centrifuge manufacturer Humboldt-Wedag. After earning a degree from a Cologne, Germany technical college, Kopper supervised the startup, operations and process refinements of Humboldt centrifuges around the world.
After many years of working in centrifuge operation and service with Humboldt, Kopper founded Centrisys in 1987 as a repair and optimization company for decanter centrifuges. In 1989, a municipal customer could not wait for a decanter centrifuge to be manufactured overseas. Michael and his team built their first decanter centrifuge utilizing their dewatering know-how and optimization expertise with what did and did not work from the different brands of centrifuges they repaired throughout the years. This innovation foundation still drives the company today, as Kopper leads Centrisys/CNP with problem-solving ideas that advance the industry.
- 2019 Frost & Sullivan Product Leadership Award for the North America Sludge Treatment
- 2019 CIOReview for the 20 Most Promising Metals and Mining Technology Solution Providers
- 2019 Salvation Army Other’s Award Recipient for “Resources Supporting Others”
- 2018 Utility of the Future Today Recognition Program for the Kenosha WWTP Optimization Project
- 2017 W&WD Top Project for the Kenosha WWTP Optimization Project
- 2017 ACEC Grand Award Winner for the Kenosha WWTP Optimization Project
- 2016 U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Nutrient Recycling Challenge Award
- 2015 Green Tec Award
- 2013 WEF Innovative Technology Award – THK Thickening System
- 2013 Kenosha County Entrepreneur of the Year
- 2012 Milwaukee BizTimes Bravo! Entrepreneur Award
- 2007 Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year
- Water Environment Federation (WEF)
- The Water Research Foundation (WRF)
- Leaders Innovation Forum for Technology (LIFT)
- Mid-Atlantic Biosolids Association (MABA)
- Kenosha Area Business Alliance (KABA)
- Kenosha Area Chamber of Commerce
- Gateway Technical College
- The Water Council
- Made in Wisconsin - Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC)